Thursday, January 24, 2013

Home ... And Immediately Out Skating

Veronica pretended to munch on popcorn while I took this picture of her and Julia.
I got a text message from Julia when I landed in Omaha asking me if I could take her and Veronica to a school (roller) skating party. I'd only been traveling for the past 19 hours and had been awake for nearly all of them, but what the heck, right?

So within two hours of walking up the jetway at Eppley Airfield, I was lacing up a pair of roller skates and taking laps around the rink with Veronica. Julia was impressively gliding around (on single blade skates), which strangely reminded me of the way the officials skate at UNO Maverick hockey games.

I asked Julia where she learned to skate so well. "At home," she replied. Huh? She roller skates at home? Uh, ok. Guess you need to be good to navigate around the kitchen table or make your way across a carpeted living room.

No comments: