Monday, February 2, 2015

On My Way To Dubai

This will be a quick post with no photos because I am getting ready to board my flight to Dubai in Paris.

Things were seemingly going well in Valencia Sunday, early evening. I enjoyed Sky Priority status in getting my bag checked for the flight to Paris. But what I wasn't told was that my suitcase was being checked straight through to Dubai.

So when I got off the plane and waited for my luggage, I was left waiting. A check at the Air France desk told me my bag was already on its way to Dubai. Ugh.

I made it to my hotel just fine, but with no change of clothes or anything but my backpack, it was a bit depressing. Like really depressing.

So I awoke this morning, showered, and put my (stinky) lululemon clothing back on. It's going to be quite a day since I don't arrive in Dubai until midnight. And one other issue: I don't have my visa. Supposedly, it will be there – handled by the race organization – when I arrive. I sure hope so!

No comments: