Friday, December 11, 2015

A (Long) Season of Joy

"As seen on SnapChat," Veronica was in the front row during the chorus performance.
For the first time in years, I was able to attend Veronica's holiday music program. Two performances were on offer today and I chose the morning one.

The cover of the program.
I was particularly looking forward to this event because I got to attend a music class during a "parent's day" at the school last month. It was quite an eye-opening experience, considering music classes were typically out of control when I was in grade school. (Mostly because the students acted up and didn't respect the teacher.)

But what I didn't know was how ambitious this program would be. That is, until I opened the program. Wow. This was going to be a show of shows. As it turned out, the first three songs took 15 minutes and, after 65 minutes of performances, there were still 10 songs still to go.

Here's a sampling of Veronica's performances (three songs in one video) and a few photos.
I usually figure three minutes per song. This was shaping up to be a long show.
The chorus sang four songs in the morning performance but only three in the afternoon.
Yes, Veronica, we wish you were, too!

No comments: