Thursday, December 9, 2010

Some Sight-Seeing

A sampling of the candy at a local bakery.

At the suggestion of my friend, Melissa Warren, I decided to venture out for a bit of sight-seeing. Actually, she suggested I do it – which I never would have done had it not been for the invitation by two of the BMC Racing Team soigneurs, Freddy and Filip. The invited me along as they ran a few errands this morning. Obviously, they had no idea I was coming off an all-nighter (performed without the aid of a Monster drink, AMP or Red Bull). But I was up for the challenge.

Here's a sample of what I saw in an hour out on the town:

Check out this escalator - there are no stairs.
It's a long, moving ramp that takes you up three stories.

I have no idea what this is. But the girls will love it.

The outside of this massive shopping center.
(There's a McDonald's in there somewhere.)

We stopped and sampled treats at a pastry shop.
(And yes, we did buy something for take home.)

3 comments:

Melissa W. said...

I am so happy you checked out some local sights! Did you try any food?

Unknown said...

I'm dabbling a bit here and there, Melissa. I did have pizza the other night, too. Does that count as "trying" food?

Holly said...

I enjoyed reading your Christmas Letter. You girls keep you busy and I can tell that you enjoy every minute you spend with them.

Merry Christmas!!