Wednesday, October 3, 2012

First Stop: France

The view from my room outside Paris was pretty lackluster, as was the weather.
So I'm off to Bejing for the final race of the year. Of all the places I have visited, the Asian continent will be a first. And I'm a little wary of the food. But the Tour of Beijing is a WorldTour calendar race, which means I (hopefully) won't have to endure much of what my colleague, Carla Geyer, found during her UCI commissaire duties last month at the Tour of China. See what she found to eat and how she managed in these great posts on her blog.

Right now, I'm enjoying about a 24-hour layover in Paris, awaiting travel by Air France charter. In the meantime, I am trying to get three press releases written, two race cards produced, a blog post (this one) and two photo books produced. I think that's a bit too much to cram into that short time, but I'm trying.

Here's a few photos from my first day in France. I'm staying at the Novotel at Charles de Gaulle airport.

Dinner might be one to remember since I'm headed to China.
Check out the size disparity between a U.S. can (left) and one from Europe.

This escalator (sans any steps) was a bit unusual.
And here's what those stair-less escalators look like in the terminal.

No comments: