Sunday, October 21, 2012

Don't Believe Everything On Twitter



This is the photo that I linked to that was tweeted by liveciclismo.
So I was waiting on results from the Tour of Hainan today and noticed a few people had tweeted the same. We were all wondering what had happened to the peloton inside three kilometers, which was when the final tweet was made.

Having been in a similar situation during some American races (the SRAM Tour of the Gila comes to mind), I pulled out my old standby – a photo of some guy examining the Dead Sea Scrolls. I've used this in the past to illustrate why results are so long in coming. My tweet to accompany it was something about race officials having to look over the photo finish results.

Wouldn't you know it, a few minutes later, a pretty mainstream Spanish cycling twitter account, liveciclismo, used my photo and explained (in Spanish) how the results were being examined. (See above.)

Bahahahaha.

No comments: