Friday, November 30, 2012

'Hi Sweetie, I Love Your Hair!'

Lauren's braid caught the eye of a woman at the post office today.
Lauren and I were at the post office this afternoon when a woman came rushing toward us. Here is how Lauren describes the encounter with "random lady" on her Facebook page:

Random Lady: "Hi Sweetie, I love your hair! Can I take a picture of it?

Lauren: "Um, sure."

Random Lady: "You know I've seen this hair before ... but I don't know where. I want to show it to my hairdresser because I want to do this with mine."

Lauren: "Ok."

Lauren also told her that the hairstyle was from the movie, "The Hunger Games" and gave her mom credit for the creation.

For those of you who don't know (and count me among them), the braid was worn by the character "Katniss Everdeen." I have seen the movie, but I was actually more entranced with the huge knives being thrust through the backs of the teenagers than the hairstyles. If you haven't seen the movie, click here to see what the braid looked like in the movie.


No comments: