Monday, November 26, 2012

The First Snowfall

Look closely in the upper part of the frame to see the snowflakes flying.
The first snowfall of the season is always an exciting time. In fact, I have written several entries about it annually:
So when I got ready to walk up to the house to pick up Julia, Olivia and Veronica, I was ready to spring into action to document this year's event. Of course, not everyone was so excited about it:
Here's the DM Twitter exchange between Olivia and me.
 I told the girls on the walk to school that they need to "harden up" like the Belgians. "When it's pouring rain, Belgian riders race better. When it's snowing, they love it. When it's cold and windy, they feel right at home," I told them. So walking to school in blowing snow this morning was a bit like being Belgian.

No comments: