Sunday, April 7, 2013

Transfer Day

One of several rest area/restaurants where we stopped during a seven-hour drive Saturday.
We dropped Philippe Gilbert off at the airport.
This will be a quick one – much like the drive across France went. (Don't long drives always go better when you sleep through them?)

I'm writing from a Novotel hotel somewhere near Paris. We drove here last night and I recharged all my devices, wrote up the final stage of Vuelta al País Vasco and finally put out the Paris-Roubaix roster release.

The hotel where we are staying is a nice one, with a restaurant – which I did not know. I put on my stocking cap to leave for dinner, only to walk around the corner of the hallway and into the dining area.

Next stop is the rendezvous point. I am getting word that my rush to the TGV station after the race has been changed to a drive to a hotel for a meeting and dinner, then on to the hotel at Charles de Galle airport. So that will be different.

On to the pictures from Saturday.

Air dryer at one of the rest areas. Similar to the ones at Aksarben Cinema.










No comments: