Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Unusual Day

Assistant Director Yvon Ledanois was behind the wheel of our new motor home.
I got up earlier than normal to leave the hotel by 7:30 a.m. It's a good thing I took everything with me I needed for the race because I didn't immediately realize we weren't returning to the hotel until after the finish.

It turned out I was a backup driver for the pick-up of a mobile home to serve as back-up for the bus, which turned out to be ready from repairs. We arrived there after an hour's drive, waited another hour for them to open and still showed up at the race nearly two hours before any other team. It was a nice, relaxing start to the morning.

The rest of the day was spent managing email, monitoring two races and performing other miscellaneous tasks related to this race and another one I am working Sunday, Paris-Roubaix.

The best thing about today: it didn't rain. The worse thing about today: I didn't have time for dinner. But maybe that's not a bad thing. I went to weigh in this morning and the scale was not in the doctor's office. So

I was browsing through the TV tonight before bedtime and found some very strange program that showed people being blown up (in playful form), shot, maimed, etc., plus "sexy" things and all kinds of other craziness. It was actually in English, but voiced over in Spanish. Hmm. I wonder if it's on Spike or something. It was just plain weird and gross.

Funny moment of the day: asking one of the housekeeping people for shampoo. She looked at me, then looked at my head, then shook her head and handed over two bottles. (I use them to do laundry.)

The game show on TV was a strange one. The guy on the left was almost like a character in a "Saturday Night Live" skit.
Here's the motor home place.
And the inside of the motor home.
This is what the parking lot looked like when we arrived – three hours before the race start.
Here is what it looked like 45 minutes before the start.
Maybe Lauren or Emily can tell me what this sign says.
A peek inside my lunch bag.



Here's the title pag

I'm still not getting what is "sexy" about this.

No comments: