Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How Those Brackets Are Doing

So I've been out of town for awhile and I did not take the NCAA brackets with me. I didn't think I would have time to update – and I did not. So, one of the first things I did today was pull out the brackets and see how the girls and I did on picking the weekend games.

So here are the standings heading into the Final Four weekend:

Sean: 166
Veronica: 121
Emily: 67
Julia: 56
Lauren: 39

While I have a 45-point lead on Veronica, it is by no means a given that I have the bracket title wrapped up. There are a lot of potential points still for the taking.

Veronica has two teams remaining: Connecticut and North Carolina. She has picked them both to advance to the championship game, with North Carolina taking the title. This means she has the potential to earn 64 more points.

I have North Carolina, Connecticut and Louisville Villanova – with North Carolina predicted to advance to the championship game (and lose). So my potential point value is 16 points.

Emily has Michigan State left and has picked the Spartans to advance to the title game (and lose). So she also has the potential for 16 more points.

Lauren and Julia will not be able to score any more points. They both did a great job of picking the early rounds.

Last year, Veronica won the title after Emily was the early leader. Emily, Veronica and I have all scored more points than we had last year.

4 comments:

Uncle Neil said...

How do you still have Louisville? They lost to Michigan State. Did you mean Villanova?

Unknown said...

Yes, I meant Villanova. Lack of sleep will do that to you.

Unlce Neil said...

Another small problem, according to your points system, the maximum points per round is 32. Currently, the maximum points you could have would be 128. I don't see how you have 166. I currently have 81 according to your points system, and will not be able to gain any more. You may need to recalculate the points.

Anonymous said...

CHEATER