Thursday, January 14, 2010

Arrival In Santa Rosa

A rare view from my seat in first class upon arrival in Denver.


My first trip of 2010 began at 6:40 a.m. Wednesday from Omaha's Eppley Airfield. No, George Clooney was not there. If the first flight is any indication of how travel is going to go this year, I'm off to a good start. The flight attendant came to the back of the plane (I was in the second-to-last row) and said she needed six people to move to the front of the aircraft to counter-balance the weight in back. So I got up, walked all the way into first class and sat down in an empty seat. (They said the "front of the plane," right?) No one said a word.

What followed was a flight from Denver to San Francisco and a two-hour ride on the Sonoma County Airport Express shuttle. The latter was enjoyable – save for getting carsick from using the free wifi on the bus. Here's the day in pictures:

The expression on my face is, "I hope I don't throw up."

Getting ready to drive across the Golden Gate Bridge.

Soigneur Graeme McCallum picked me up at the bus stop.

A peek inside the BMC Racing Team service course...

...which is not fully stocked, but will soon be.

Tim Farnham and his wife, Emily, invited me out for dinner.

Emily admires the jerseys on display at the Riviera restaurant.

My room for the next 10 nights at the Hyatt Vineyard Creek Hotel.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I just had a fun time looking at your blog. I will add it to my blog and follow you not only with facebook, twitter, and now your blog. What a great way to see what is going on with you.

Congrats on the new job with BMC! See you at Tour of California, I will be the one in blue and khaki on the stage working as an AJ.

Bridget (Weide) Brooks said...

Ahh ... a Hyatt!

That would definitely be up to Jon's standards.

Looks like you're having fun!