Monday, January 25, 2010

The Inn At Morro Bay

There's plenty of water at Morro Bay – not including this fountain.

When part of your job is to write things, writing on your personal blog seems to be an afterthought. But halfway through training camp, I am making a real effort to weigh in on a few things.

The BMC Racing Team training camp has been tremendous so far. But things really heat up this week with photo and media days on Tuesday through Thursday. I'm still working through the logistics (something I should be doing right now), so this will be short and Morro Bay-centric.

The Inn at Morro Bay is the hotel where we stayed Sunday night. Very swanky and right on the cusp of the Pacific Ocean. My room (as you can see from the photos) is very nice (they have all been nice, by the way) and the lobby has free wifi – always a good thing.

Today we will be continuing our trek down the coast. We'll pass through Santa Barbara, where I hope to pick up some videotapes I loaned to Shelley Verses a year ago. You'll recognize that name if you're a cycling fan from way back. She was the first female soigneur in professional cycling – kind of hard to believe nowadays, huh? And that was only 1985. More on Shelley in a later entry. Now to the photos:

I still can't figure out what that big mound is behind me.

Nice sunset, huh? Very picturesque, as I am fond of writing.

My room, complete with TV over the fireplace.

This is the sink at the Hyatt the night before. Huge.

Button on the top is to flush. Pretty cool, huh Julia?

1 comment:

Aaron Pool said...

that might be the rocky outcrop from the "Goonies", so I'd be careful, and that button-top flush is something I haven't seen in the US yet, looks like that's one bit that might make it into our culture, hah.