Tuesday, October 26, 2010

'Back To The Future' In The Spotlight

BTTF Cast Photo
Some of the major contributors to the first "Back to the Future" movie (from left): Lea Thompson, Christopher Lloyd, Mary Steenburgen, Michael J. Fox, director Robert Zemeckis and Huey Lewis.

BTTF Blu-RayTwenty-five years ago, I recall watching "Good Morning America" preview a summer movie featuring "Family Ties" star Michael J. Fox. Joining him in studio was Christopher Lloyd, whom I did not know. The clip shown was the one where "Marty McFly" runs into his (eventual) mom in the halls of his high school. The movie looked "cute" but what really drew my attention was the premise of time travel and the science fiction-type storyline.

Little did anyone know that we would still be talking about this movie a quarter century later – and that the YD princesses would enjoy it as much as I do. So when I saw some cast members and major players from the movie were going to be on the network talk shows this morning, I cranked up the VCR. (Yes, I still have one.)

Most interesting of all to me is the fact that a good portion of the first movie was shot with Eric Stoltz playing Marty McFly's character. That had to be a bit of a nightmare for director Robert Zemeckis to go back and re-shoot so many scenes with Fox. But it certainly paid off.

Click here to watch the Back to the Future Reunion on the Today Show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shot in the back over a matter of eighty dollars?