Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cyclocross Nationals Recap

The "official" officials crew photo (at Starbucks, of course).

Better late than never, here is a look back at my five days in Bend, Ore., while officiating the 2009 USA Cycling national cyclocross championships.

My in-flight meal on Alaska Airlines. I was supposed to be on Northwest
but I missed my connection out of Minneapolis due to a blizzard.

The "sisters" mountains that overlook Bend.

This pretty much sums up my four days of officiating:
scoring races from the finish line trailer.

Bend is even more beautiful in the winter. It was about a
100-degree temperature difference from the weather in July.

A look at my scoring for one of the races.

I couldn't resist a photo with Oregon's mascot.

The other half of my job: ringing the "last lap" bell.
The bell was handed down to me from the estate of the late Sue Hefle.

I had a stopover in Salt Lake City on the way back.

I would not have had the chance to take this photo had my plane
not been forced to circle Eppley for some unknown reason.

No comments: