Sunday, December 6, 2009

Emily and Julia Tip It Off

It's that time of year – and for the second straight season, I will not be coaching basketball. But unlike last year (when I wasn't involved at all), I will be helping out as an assistant coach for Julia's 3rd/4th grade team.

Both Emily and Julia are playing this year. Emily is a seventh grader on a team playing in the 8th grade league and Julia is a third grader playing in the 4th grade league.

Julia's team won its first game Saturday, 19-12, and Julia scored a pair of baskets. I reminded her that I scored a total of two baskets in two years of playing basketball in 7th and 8th grade.

Emily also scored two baskets in her team's 29-19 loss Sunday. Here are a few photos (courtesy of Lauren):


Uniforms didn't arrive in time, so numbers were taped on.


Emily seems to be listening intently to her coaches.


Julia takes the ball out at St. Bridget's gymnasium.
My brother-in-law, Terry (left), was one of the officials.


A nice shot of me watching the center jump of Julia's game.

No comments: