Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The 'Snowpocolypse'


Looks like very few people went to work today.

It's five degrees here in Omaha as I type this. And in Bend, Ore., where I am headed, it's -11. Whoa.

I was scheduled to be on a plane to Oregon at five o'clock this morning. But the storm that dumped nearly a foot of snow on Omaha between yesterday morning and this morning canceled my flight. When I learned of this last night, I immediately re-booked. Now I leave at 3:05 p.m. with a scheduled arrival in Redmond, Ore., at five minutes to midnight.

I will be officiating the USA Cycling national cyclocross championships this week/weekend. It promises to be ultra cold and likely quite snowy, too. It's my goal to post updates every day. We'll see how I do.


The three-and-a-half foot drift on my porch.

No comments: