Monday, March 29, 2010

Redlands Bicycle Classic: A Look Back

One of my favorite images from the race:
The warm glow of the sunset as Ben Day relishes his overall victory.

The scene was reminiscent of my other trip to the Redlands Bicycle Classic in 2008. That year, I was working for Rock Racing – which won the overall title. This spring, I was back in Redlands, Calif., to handle media relations for Fly V Australia. And once again, I was helping the winning team celebrate a victory in one of the prime stage races on the National Racing Calendar.

Here are a few of my favorite photos (not shared in previous posts about this race):

All the electronics on the folder are mine. Lots of tools of the trade.
My Blackberry Pearl (lower right) took a spill on the last day of the race and had to be replaced.

Ever wonder how shots like this are achieved?
I learned how it's done from mechanic Chris Davidson.

Helping Davidson adjust one of the De Rosas before the criterium.

Believe it or not, this is Ben Day before the criterium.

The team meeting before the final stage.

The "numbers to watch" of other contenders.

One of the prizes to the overall winner: a custom painting.

Photographer Michael Crook was my chauffeur to the airport.

No comments: