Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Visiting Aunt Jean

A stroke landed Aunt Jean in the hospital.

I was headed to the criterium at the Redlands Bicycle Classic when I got the call: Aunt Jean had suffered a stroke. Bridget was the one who broke the news to me. Obviously, it was very upsetting since this was at least the third time I was delivered bad news about a family member's health while working in California.

The day after returning from the race, the girls and I headed up to the hospital to visit her. Her speech has been significantly affected, but she was very pleased to see the girls and me. The girls also made "get well" cards for her (pictured at right).

On our way out, the girls took a moment to check out the player piano in the lobby. Some of their expressions are a bit strange...

No comments: