Thursday, November 4, 2010

Race Across The Sky 2010

The second edition of "Race Across The Sky" premiered tonight.

It's not easy making a documentary about the same subject two years in a row. In the case of "Race Across the Sky," the top competitors are usually the same, the course is the same, the weather was the same (in 2009 and 2010), etc. So I was expecting "more of the same" when I went to see this year's edition of the movie.

The great thing about seeing "Race Across the Sky" was the fact that my mom won tickets from BicycleRadio.com. She says she never wins anything. But that wasn't the case this time. We enjoyed the movie at Midtown Crossing (I saw the first "Race Across the Sky" at Film Streams this summer) with about two dozen others.

Another neat thing about seeing the movie "live" was the pre- and post-show panel moderated by Dave Towle. When he first appeared on the screen, my mom asked me if I knew him. (Of course!)

No comments: