Thursday, January 22, 2015

Heading Back To Spain

This scene in Atlanta reminded me of the "Up in the Air" promo photo.
There is nothing "typical" about travel to Europe. But my trip Wednesday into Thursday was pretty smooth.

My new backpack was ready.
I was able to enjoy first class travel on my flight to Atlanta. There, I enjoyed some time in the Delta lounge, something now permitted when traveling on an international ticket. I made a good decision to eat before the flight, as it turned out to be an Air France flight for the trip over the pond. That means three things: no "economy comfort" seating in the first four rows of economy, meals that are not as good as on a Delta flight and a movie/music selection that is not as extensive.

I did enjoy the company of a gentlemen from Annapolis – Mitul – who was on his way to India. A self-proclaimed "idea guy," we had some very interesting conversations. I'm going to keep in touch. And if you see a bike race taking place on the deck of an aircraft carrier or a barge or other large boat, that was originally his idea...

On to the photos:

I ate here last month before my trip to Spain. Couldn't pass it up this time.
Mitul and I posed by this athletic "teamwork" photo at Charles De Galle airport.
It was a very cold morning in Paris. The jetway was absolutely frigid.

No comments: