Saturday, December 8, 2012

Arrival In Spain

It's hard to beat scenes like this in December, though it was only 65 degrees.
I left the cold, snow and wind of Belgium behind this morning by hopping a RyanAir flight from Charleroi to Alicante, Spain. Departure from the hotel was at 4:40 a.m., the flight at 6:30 and I was lying by the pool (since my room wasn't ready) by 10:15 a.m.

As for the rest of the day, I'll let the photos tell the story.

Boarding – from the front and back of the plane – in the dark.
Check out the advertising on the bulkhead storage containers.
The seats don't recline and there's no seatback pockets.
So those are safety instructions on the back of each seat.
Soigneur Anthony Pauwels picked Kate Ochowicz-Hogan and me up from the airport.
My room is well-lit (by the sun) and has a balcony view of the pool.
The sink area of the bathroom is also very well-lit.
This was lunch. Yum.
Arriving to the hotel after 10 a.m. meant I missed the mass in Jesus Pobré.
But the Catholic TV network has online mass available (28 minutes).
I also watched the Pope celebrate mass (live) in the street later on.
Dinner was fried rice, chicken and vegetables. Not bad.
Dessert was very good.
The hotel is sporting a pretty festive look. Last year, these lights caught fire.

No comments: