Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Snow In Belgium?

Sleet turned to snow at midday.
I've made a habit of boasting about the nice Belgian weather I've come to enjoy when I have made trips to the land of Philippe Gilbert and the BMC Racing Team's European service course. Well, I guess I can stop now. There was hardly any sun when I arrived this morning. Sleet changed to snow in the afternoon. And it's probably below 30 degrees as I type this.

But it's all good. That's because I am only going to be here for a few days. Saturday morning, I fly to Spain. So by 9 o'clock that day, I should be soaking up the sun with temperatures in the mid 60s. But I'm going to get a full blown taste of winter before that. At least that's what the European weather guessers say. We're supposed to get at least 10 centimeters (3.5 inches) of snow, beginning late Thursday night and continuing through the day Friday. I'm already making plans to switch hotels to one at the airport (since my flight is at 6:35 a.m. Saturday). In the meantime, I'm enjoying my return to the Sandton Hotel Broel in Kortrijk. I was here in March (according to FourSquare), though I barely remember it. And I couldn't tell you what race I was staffing. Yikes.

All that stuff on the desk (save for my phone and the key) were there when I came in.
The beds are super comfortable and there's great lighting.
Gotta love the wood floors – and the robe.
This stone look in the bathroom permeates the hotel lobby, too.
European hair dryers (hanging on the wall) crack me up.
A bit out of focus, but you know what you're looking at anyway.
I do not know if I want to know what these were at breakfast.

No comments: