Friday, December 7, 2012

Final Day In Belgium


Sneak peek at my suitcase for the 2013 season.
My final day in Belgium of 2012 was spent wrapping up work at the BMC Racing Team service course and preparing for the flight to Spain. The expected snowfall (10-20 centimeters) never materialized. There were morning flurries, but nothing that would have prevented us from driving to the airport without trouble.

Dessert included a "make your own sundae" section.
But we proceeded with our plan to switch hotels and stay at one located five minutes from the Charleroi Airport. As soon as we pulled up, I knew I had been here before. It was in July, after Stage 1 of the Tour de Wallonie. You can see what my room (303) looked like when I was here in July in this gallery on Facebook.

Kate Ochowicz-Hogan and I enjoyed a nice meal (though probably not worth the $35/each that consisted of a buffet) and dessert with lackluster service. Knowing I had a 4 a.m. wake-up call to make a 4:40 a.m. shuttle, I hustled off to bed – only to remember I had work calls at midnight and 1 p.m. to make. So I ended up getting about two hours of sleep before those calls and two hours after. Not nearly enough.

Only one night here, but a nice room – just as I remembered it.
And here's one of the reasons I remembered it. This strange coat/pole thingy.
Separate room for this.
Lots of little shampoos and conditioners right in the tub area.
You can see the towel warmer in the reflection of the mirror.

No comments: