Sunday, December 7, 2014

Off To Spain

These sure looked nice (and new). Too bad I'm in economy on my eight-hour flight to Europe.
Atlanta – It's "Groundhog Day" in the cycling world. The time of year when everyone ventures off to training camp before the Christmas and New Year's holidays.

For me, this means a flight from Omaha to Atlanta, then on to Paris, and finally to Valencia, Spain. It's a much longer haul than most of the staff and riders (who are mostly exclusively in Europe) have to endure. But it's one I have been making since December of 2010. And for sure, the warm temperatures in Spain will be a nice change from the (sometimes bitter) cold of Omaha.

The south terminal at Eppley Airfield was nearly deserted Saturday afternoon.
I've never heard of this place, but the food was pretty good.
The view from my seat in Delta's Sky Lounge in Atlanta.

No comments: