Friday, January 16, 2009

How I Survived The Cold

This was on my MacBook dashboard Thursday.

I meant to post that temperature graphic yesterday, but things got away from me. It actually made it down to -15, with a -29 wind chill.

First, it was a call to the maintenance man (Dale) to find out why the bathtub in the girls' bedroom wasn't draining - and why the water was running! It turns out Roto Rooter had to come out. It didn't take long to find out that the pipe was frozen.

Next up was a flurry of activity related to training camps, foreign news reports, the Amgen Tour of California, etc. I'm sure on this front that things will be just as busy today.

Finally - and most important - was Olivia having to stay home from school. She just was not feeling well. So with the help of Aunt Jean and Aunt Dee-Dee, hopefully her day was at least bearable. I know that when the other girls picked her up, there were comments like, "Faker!" and "What did you do all day, poop?" UGH. I am going to have to spend a little more time on treating others like we would treat Christ.

Did anyone else see this photo?


I was amazed to learn it was a "Twitpic." When I first saw it, my first thought was that it had been Photoshopped. It was too "composed" and even had a nice glow from the sunset. But it's legit - taken by a guy on one of the rescue ferries responding to splash landing of US Airways Flight 1549. Wow.

No comments: