Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sneak Preview: Gran Torino

So the "three musketeers" (sorry, capital letters are only for the real deal) attended Tuesday night's sneak preview of "Gran Torino."

I had not read much of anything about it - and lately, that's the way I like it to be. Why spoil the plot or get a pre-conceived notion about something? The only thing I knew was that it was receiving strong consideration for an Oscar nomination.

After seeing it, I will vouch for its goodness. Though a little raw at times (and reminiscent of some of my relatives, who can be brutally honest when it comes to the way they were brought up), this movie delivers quite a punch.

The interesting thing will be whether it sweeps the major categories (Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, Best Picture, Best Director, etc.). I'll venture to guess it grabs two or three Oscars.

On an unrelated subject, if you are looking for a house in the St. Thomas More neighborhood, I know of one that will be going on the market soon. Stay tuned for details.

No comments: