Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Getting Ready For The Girls

It's Wednesday morning and that means the girls are coming to see me this afternoon. After posting that I would be seeing them off for their first day of school, there has been a change of plans.

Instead of sleeping over at my apartment and then going to school Thursday morning, they will actually be returning home tonight after spending part of the afternoon with me. This means the traditional pictures and video will take place at the house on Mom and the girls' first day of school.

My dad spent several hours at the apartment yesterday getting the bunk bends assembled and ready for the girls' overnight visit (which is now this weekend). He also earned the dubious distinction of being my first true lunch guest. (Thus the "No. 1" sign in the picture.) We enjoyed a nice meal, but he opted out of the root beer floats they were serving at the leasing office.

Here is a picture I neglected to include in my post yesterday about returning home. The Qwest Center arena took a major hit during a thunderstorm that happened during the Olympic Swim Trials in July. At the time, the arena management company said it would be fixed "in a couple days." Here it is, more than six weeks later, and there's no sign that the scaffolding is going away any time soon.

No comments: