Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Girls Are Here!

A picture of the girls during Wednesday's visit to see me.

So the change in plans only allowed me to see the girls for four hours Wednesday. But we had a lot of fun.

During that time, we: swam in the pool, pulled Olivia's loose tooth out, washed my car, cooked dinner and set goals for the school year.

Emily said she would like to do better in math and science. Lauren said she would like to improve her math grade. Julia said she didn't want to get any cards (which Emily pointed out is easy since they don't give out cards in second grade) and Olivia said she didn't want to set any goals.

Olivia is looking forward to her visit from Lu, the tooth fairy. She was glad to get that tooth out because she was drooling all over the place.

Wednesday was also nice because I received a (surprise) gift of a Rock Racing team kit - complete with socks and gloves (see picture of Julia at right). Danielle said she likes it better than any other uniform I have ever had. And I have worn a lot of team kits since meeting her in 1991.

1 comment:

Bridget (Weide) Brooks said...

That is a cool kit. I can't believe that Emily fits the shorts. And I can see Julia rocking the world as a female cyclist in the years to come. She certainly looks great in the gear.

Olivia's tooth was just gross. I can't believe it was still hanging in there by a thread. I'm glad you were able to get it out (better you than me!).

You are certainly able to get a lot accomplished in a short period of time. (You didn't even mention that all five girls took baths at the apartment too.) What a dad!