Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Images From My Flight

From my seat, I could watch the baggage being loaded.

So it was another short night - going to bed around 2 a.m. and waking up at 4:30 to catch my ride to the Salt Lake City Airport. Rock Racing team soigneur Sergey Davidenko again gave me a lift. The last time he did this, we got pulled over by the police near the airport). This time, it was much more uneventful.

Did you know US Airways charges you $15 for EVERY bag you check? The good news is that there is no weight limit. I was under the usual 50-pound limit both times, though. And girls - I did not get souvenirs. Sorry! As you know, we are pinching pennies. So I am saving up for a trip to Greenville, S.C., where I am sure to scare up some good things. It was at that race last year that I brought back custom-decorated sugar cookies. I can do better this year.

As for my two flights (first to Phoenix, then to Omaha), I fell asleep before takeoff each time and only woke up when the plane landed. And I was still tired. So the TV screens that pop down from the ceiling (shown below) went unwatched by me. But I did take a picture so the girls could see them:


Girls, I'm counting the days (1) until I see you. We won't have much time together, but I will get to see you off for your first day of school. So be ready for plenty of pictures, plus donuts from Aunt Dee-Dee.

No comments: