Monday, August 18, 2008

One More Day - And A Busy One At That

A pretty cool - and long - slide - (with no water) in Park City.

Park City, Utah - Girls, mark it down. We're going on the road next summer. Together. It won't be on a bike racing weekend (well, maybe it will), but it will be to a pretty fun place. And we're going to fly there for sure.

It pains me to go places where families are enjoying themselves. Until this most recent trip, my pain extended to malls and restaurants. But even before Mom filed for divorce, I would see families with children having fun during my on-site business assignments and think of you and Mom. Now that you are old enough (and Tiny, that means you), we are definitely going to have a special family vacation next year. (One was in the works for this year, but we won't go into that.)

So my final day in Park City, Utah was spent at a motorsports track where the bike race was taking place. Fortunately, we were finished early (and Rock Racing didn't do anything to merit media attention) so I was able to walk around a bit by the hotel and snap a few pictures. It was also a nice rest before all hell broke lose in Illinois and California, which led to the press release in the next post.

I knew Julia would want to know if there was a toilet on "The Beast" so here it is in all its glory. To flush it, you step on a little lever on the left. I was not able to get a photo of the bathroom on the motorcoach, but both are actually much larger restrooms than ones on airplanes. In fact, there's even a shower in each of them! (And yes, I know I still owe you a picture of the outside of The Beast.)

I don't know if you can make this out, but what you see in the picture on the right is a large (very large) cylinder that was so big they needed a construction crew to move the traffic lights as the truck carrying it made the turn onto the highway. And speaking of the highway, on our return to Park City from Salt Lake City, we lucked out and made it through the bridge construction zone - which re-opened early.

A few more miscellaneous pictures:

A pretty cool rock climbing wall was right outside my hotel.

Can you make out the girls jumping on the trampoline
with bungee cords?

This large gorilla slide was in the courtyard of my hotel.

No comments: