Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Motivated

A plastic mat is an essential part of indoor bike riding.

So I'm a couple days into my serious training program that will hopefully have me in tip-top shape by this time next month. I actually haven't gone "out of shape" since September, but I have gained some muscle weight and put on a few "holiday" pounds.

Keeping my workout routine fresh is helped along by my new CycleOps Fluid2 trainer. (Thanks to Bridget and Jon for helping get it assembled and set up.) I've been watching some vintage cycling videos and that's made the time pass by much faster.

The weather here the past two days has been very sunny. But unfortunately, the strong winds have made riding outdoors out of the question. Plus, I spent a lot of time cleaning my bike and it's not going to need much more than a spit-shine if I'm riding it exclusively indoors.

A special shout-out tonight to my friend, Shelley. She's proven to be a tremendous source of motivation and information. I'll have to send her a Christmas letter, now that I think of it. If anyone else out there reading this would like a "special edition" sent to them, please let me know.

No comments: