Sunday, December 28, 2008

An Update On My Father And Father-In-Law

'Tis the season to be thankful for family and friends.

I am happy to type the news that both my father and father-in-law are in much better health today, having successfully survived some very serious medical procedures in 2008.

For my dad, it was a problem with his colon. He is doing much, much better today and has even gained back much of the weight he lost. His spirits are good (I know because he is getting under my mom's skin these days) and it was great to see him on Christmas when my five darlings were opening presents at my apartment.

My father-in-law, Mike, is also in good health, having made a remarkable recovery from heart bypass surgery. He not only is exercising regularly but he also has "Grandma Bep" also working out with him.

Today, he helped pull a large dent out of the back of my new van (photo above) with a little plunger-like device. Something so simple probably would have cost a couple hundred bucks at a body shop. My service call (which was unannounced, I might add) was complimentary. Wow. Life is good.

No comments: