Friday, December 19, 2008

Sleet Storm

The courtyard looked pretty cool as the sleet fell.

I was a little concerned that my evening workout was going to run into the Nebraska volleyball game. But what I didn't know, after leaving my apartment, was that Stanford was going to come back from an 0-2 deficit and beat Texas in five games.

So fortunately, I didn't miss any of the Huskers' battle against Penn State. I even had time to work out and run around the block (in shorts, no less) and stop over at the grocery store for a few things. It was surprisingly warm, considering the sleet that was falling.

So how about that Nebraska volleyball team? The Huskers played an incredible match, stunning Penn State with wins in the third and fourth games - when the Nittany Lions had not lost a game the entire season.

In the fifth game, Nebraska was ahead 10-8, only to watch Penn State rattle off seven of the next eight points. The loss wasn't so crushing, actually, and Coach John Cook put it best when he said a week from now no one will remember who won or lost.

Camera phones don't take the greatest pictures at night.

No comments: