Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Lost Day

Check out this unusual car wash outside a Super U supermarket.
Friday was a bit of a lost day. I had to drive the new van from the start to the finish, which took about three hours. When the bus and I arrived at the finish, it wasn't really the finish. Rather, it was a parking area for the buses about 13 kilometers from the top of a mountain (the finish line). And being in a remote area, we had limited phone service – which means the wifi was awful.

The same did not hold true for the hotel wifi, though. Thankfully, it was screaming fast. So I am pounding out a quick entry before we head to the start.

It's raining again this morning. Yesterday it was pouring when we left the hotel but was bright and sunny by the time the race started. That gradually changed to cloudiness, rain and finally a bit of sunshine by race's end. I shot a video as the peloton went by the bus parking area, which hopefully I can post later.

Lots of driving. Three hours' worth, in fact.
Do they really write the room numbers in chalk? Yep. I was in room 1.
Nice shower.
I really liked the red accent work.
The red theme continues. Maybe that's why I liked this room so much.
My view overlooked the team parking area.

No comments: