Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Busiest Day

It was another wet drive to the start this morning.
Writing blog entries at 1:30 a.m. is becoming the norm at Paris-Nice. But there's only one more day to go and so far, I'm a perfect six-for-six on blogging the stages. So I will forge on and hack out one more entry.

For the record, this was one of the busiest days I have experienced in on-site work. Here's a quick glance at only my late afternoon agenda:
  • Tweeted a race result and posted a photo.
  • Rode 12 km back to the hotel (good decision since it took our bus 75 minutes).
  • Wrote two reports.
  • Organized a roundtable press event.
  • Oversaw a behind-the-scenes photo shoot.
  • Monitored two other rider interviews at the hotel.
  • Produced three interviews for our Audio Line.
Click on this to enlarge and see if you can spot the mistake.
I'm sure I have forgetting something in there (besides the fact I missed dinner), but that's about the extent of things.

Back in the U.S., Creighton won to make the Missouri Valley Conference championship game, Omaha Central won its fourth straight state boys basketball title and there's a blizzard brewing over Denver. And Daylight Saving Time begins later today.

So now you're caught up. On to the photos:

Some of my breakfast. And there's the Blackberry phone case I've misplaced.
The restaurant where we ate breakfast this morning was just a door down from the hotel.
I worked in the hotel lobby this morning. Check out the "point internet."
Here is what was on the menu.
I caught up to these folks on the bike path on the way back to the hotel.
Small desk but big bed. And all well-lit.
And a little bed beneath the mirror and TV.
There's a footwasher! First one this trip.
Lots of little amenities around the sink.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I caught the mistake. He know it well indeed.

I love this update and hearing about what you do in a day. Thanks for all you do for us fans. We appreciate you.