Saturday, March 16, 2013

Happy 16th Birthday Emily!

It would be easy to type out the memories I have of the day Emily was born. But it would take hours, if not days, to put into print all the memorable moments and events leading up to that day in March, back in 1997.

Somewhere – in print – is a play-by-play of nearly the entire 24 hours before she was born and the hours after. But the company that hosted the original YD Cafe blog suddenly went under, deep-sixing the files before I could archive them. What a shame.

Regardless, there are some photos here and there that I possess. Emily's baby photo (right) is one. I always thought she was a cute baby, but most certainly she is more adorable now. So rather than type out a bunch of prose here, let's just get straight to a few pictures that show her through the years. Unfortunately, the photos I have in hand only date back to when she was nine. But there are plenty on this blog, and my other one, which will help her revisit many moments from the past.

Notice the photo of Uncle Jon on her bedroom mirror.
Checking out her new braces.
This one is interesting, if only for her sisters pictured with her.
From left: Emily, Lauren, Julia and Olivia.

This one is from Christmas 2004, I believe.

No comments: