Saturday, January 15, 2011

Life Around The Hotel

Postcard-perfect shot of the pool at the Denia Marriott.

This is my second stay at the Denia Marriott in two months. I know the hotel staff, the food, the way to and from the two airports that are within 90 minutes of it and I know that my phone and Internet in my room aren't working. (That's why I am typing this in the lobby.)

Perhaps most interesting is the eclectic mix of people who come through the hotel for events, brunch, live music – and dance lessons – and to play golf. I've seen bad facelifts, super short skirts, small children up well after 1 a.m. and a junior group of Spanish golfers that ran through the hallways enough to make fraternity houses seem tame. It's all good, though.

The girls will love how small the coffee cups are here.

Check out the low-hanging clouds.

Looking through the screen at the driving range.

I actually enjoyed a cheeseburger from the bar upon arrival.

No comments: