Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day = Afternoon Movie

Veronica isn't sleeping – just trying to avoid the flash.

For the second straight day, the girls didn't have school. A slow-moving storm dumped about nine inches of snow between Sunday and Monday, which meant neighborhood streets were slow to be cleared.

So instead of picking up the girls after school, I got to pick them up at noon. We had lunch (Jack's pizza – remind me to get TWO pepperoni pizzas next time), then headed down to Aksarben Cinema to see "Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader." This was actually our second straight Tuesday afternoon movie experience. (Last week, we saw "Yogi Bear.")

I've never seen any of the "Narnia" movies. So I was a little lost. (I'm guessing a couple of the other girls were as well.) But there was action, some cool special effects – and it was in 3D. So there you go. Did I mention Tuesdays are also $1 popcorn and $1 pop days? That was probably the best part. (Thanks, Grandma YD, for helping with that part.)

No comments: