Monday, September 1, 2008

The USPRO Road Race: A Victory

I ran two blocks to catch up with race winner Tyler Hamilton.

Greenville, S.C. - The pictures will have to tell the story for this post because I am absolutely crazy busy. Tyler Hamilton of Rock Racing won the national road race championship - by two-thousandths of a second (that's 0.002). And you thought Michael Phelps's race was close.

Here's the front-on view of the sprint. Tyler is on the right.

The photo finish camera confirms Tyler has won.

There I am on the right (red shirt), collecting quotes.

Afterwards, fans were asking him to sign all kinds of things.

The woman in the blue shirt in the VIP tent just sneezed.

The photo above is the VIP tent where I spent most of my day. That's because the press tent had no power and no TV. It turned out that the TV wasn't an issue because the Internet/TV service shooting the race for broadcast had all kinds of technical troubles. We didn't see video of the race until only 35 miles were left to go (of 115 total).

My laptop was on my lap for six hours.

The podium hostesses, Rachel and Ashley, were ready backstage.

My friend, Tom Vinson, was on hand to congratulate Tyler...

...who was all smiles at the press conference afterwards.

No comments: