Thursday, September 4, 2008

You Can Get Pounds On Dodge Street

That's a lot of pounds. But just how much are they worth?

Did you know you can get foreign currency at several First National Bank locations in Omaha? I did not.

But my "Personal Banker" didn't do me any favors by neglecting to inform me that I could only change currency in the lobby - meaning that trip to the 132nd & West Center Road location at 8 a.m. was pretty frivolous (the lobby doesn't open until 9). So I ended up going to the 16th & Dodge location.

I'm all set money-wise. Now it's just a matter of finding the time to do all the rest: pack, pack, pack and rush to the airport.

1 comment:

Bridget (Weide) Brooks said...

I DID know that you can get foreign currency at First National Bank. When I went to Canada in 2001, I exchanged some of my money before I went.

It was a good thing too, because the airport-to-hotel shuttle only took whatever the Canadian currency is called (I can't remember now, and am too lazy to look it up). But almost everywhere else, they took American dollars.

In fact, they LOVED American dollars. Of course, back then, the exchange rate was much more favorable to Americans than it is today (it was something like $1.40 in Canadian "dollars" for every $1.00 American).

If I get bored this weekend, I'll look up 1) What Canadian currency is called; 2) the current exchange rate for it.

Oh, and Sean -- if you end up doing any driving over there, I think they drive on the opposite side of the road. Don't forget that...