Monday, September 1, 2008

Heading Home

How often do you see this? Not a soul at airport security.

So just how quiet was the Greenville airport Monday morning? I might have just used the women's restroom (inadvertently), but no one came in while I was in there - and I only realized the mistake (I might have made) when a slow-moving woman was heading my direction as I exited. (So perhaps it was my mistake.) Put it this way: I didn't see any urinals, come to think of it.

I am normally O.J. Simpson when it comes to airports. Rush, run, hurry up, etc. But even though I left the hotel later (7:20 a.m.) than my originally-planned departure time (7 a.m.), there was NO ONE at the Northwest check-in desk. So as I walked by a restaurant, I checked the time and decided to sit down to a nice breakfast:


The other nice thing about Greenville's airport is the free Wi-Fi. I'm guessing that Detroit will not have the same - and I probably won't be there long enough to find out. Another nice benefit to this morning's trip is that I am flying west. So I am gaining time as I get closer to Omaha.

I rushed to take a couple pictures this morning. First, my room was a deluxe king that I was upgraded to for free. Not once did I pull back the sheets. I'm guessing the maid loved that. I did sleep, mind you, just not under the covers. I found a blanket in the closet. Come to think of it, that is what I have grown used to at my apartment - sleeping with a blanket on a cot or the bottom bunk of the girl's beds.

I also took an "airplane" picture for Julia. No, it's not of the restroom. It was from my seat over the wing of my Northwest Airlines flight as we landed in Detroit.

No comments: