Thursday, September 4, 2008

Bye Girls!

Sean PictureChicago - Back in the day, girls, you could purchase flight insurance right there in the airport. Yep, if you thought your plane might crash and you wanted to leave your loved ones a big sum of money, you would fill out a little form, put some money in an envelope and then deposit it in a bin at the airport.

If you didn't make it to your destination, those couple of dollars would turn into a swimming pool, a new house, or a lifetime of vacations. But if you arrived safely, it was money well spent (and never to be seen again).

So this is my travel insurance that will ensure nothing happens to me getting there and back. If I leave each of you a note, I'm sure it will not be the last thing I write to you. Kind of an "insurance policy" without the money or the little form.

So here goes:

Emily: Hey Boots. You've made me proud. I could not have dreamed of an oldest daughter who was more of a role model for her younger siblings. Keep making me proud.

Lauren: Little Lo. Your size belies your intelligence and creativity. You are truly my gift from God. Never give up. You can achieve anything.

Julia: If there ever was a female version of me, you are it. From sitting with me on the bench at basketball games, to listening to my stories about bike races to having a super awesome memory ... you bring a smile to my face - especially with your infectious laugh.

Olivia: Dear Liv: First, I hope you are feeling better. I hate to see you sick. Thank you for being my girly-girl and reminding me every day why I am so proud to have five beautiful daughters.

Veronica: Tiny, I miss you already. You are growing up too fast. If I could reach across the miles, I would give you a big hug. Don't ever stop trying to keep up with your sisters. They're worth chasing.

1 comment:

Bridget (Weide) Brooks said...

That's really sweet, Sean.

I see a little bit of you (and sometimes a LOT of you!) in each of your girls.

We love you a lot...

Aunt Dee Dee (Your Twin)