Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Long Day Wednesday

Can you spot me supervising Tyler Hamilton's interview?

Not-Sure-Where-I-Am, But In England - It's Day 4 of the Tour of Britain and the longest one for me so far.

Between sponsor relations, managing other tasks and reporting on the race, I barely had time to unpack my suitcase (at 11:45 p.m.) and re-pack it (at 7 a.m.) before it was time to get back on the road Thursday for the start of Stage 5.

There was plenty of good news today: Santiago Botero of Rock Racing was in the break today, the hotel was very nice tonight and the weather was sunny and warm.

On the flip side, I was running around after dinner to coordinate an interview for the official one-hour TV recap program. Things got a little tense at times, but it seemed to come off fine in the end.

Following the stages at the Tour of Britain is unusual in that I don't hardly see any of the race. There's no (live) TV coverage, so it's a matter of following the race on Twitter. Then, I provide my own commentary and information on Rock Racing's Twitter feed. I do it all from the press bus - no, there's no press room - which is actually a nice motorcoach parked at the finish. (Stop me if I've written this all before - it's been a long tour!)

Let me have the pictures do the rest of the talking. (Special note to Julia: I'm documenting all the restrooms in England just for you!)

No comments: